we’re looking for a sr full stack developer
We are looking for an experienced and passionate full stack developer to help take our product and company from beta to game-changing industry leader. Working alongside the founders as a key member of the development team, you will be responsible for enhancing our existing applications and building exciting new products.
at the top, where it should be
We choose to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, parental status, veteran status, disability status or on any other basis. It’s unforgivable to be any other way.
Huggg is on a mission to put real product into messaging.
What does this mean? Well, imagine a friend is having a bad day, but the coffee cup emoji in your message to her becomes coffee in her hands – a bridge from the mobile to the real world, if you like. Something real for when words are not enough. That’s a huggg.
what are we looking for?
about the role
You will be working on various customer-facing applications within our system, including React and PHP, as well as working on back end systems, within a PHP/Laravel and nodejs stack running on AWS. At different times you may be working on our main flagship apps or any of our internal tools.
You may sometimes need to work with third parties to integrate and consume external services.
You will be expected to write high quality testable code using ES6/PHP7 and modern build tools.
You will review colleagues’ code and work in Agile teams using GitLab and Jira.
You demonstrably have:
- an excellent grasp of PHP
- an excellent grasp of Node.js
- experience with MongoDB / MySQL
- experience consuming and creating RESTful APIs
- experience writing unit tests and feature tests
- proven knowledge and experience in Git version control
you hopefully also…
- have experience with the Laravel framework
- have experience scripting and automating CI builds
what’s in it for you?
- Influence, trust and impact inside a well-funded VC-backed early startup that’s scaling
- Work alongside other talented and friendly folk, who are keen to learn and improve skills, and with access to the wider VC’s family of portfolio companies and your peers inside that family
- High impact role where you’ll have the autonomy to develop our platform quickly and have your product inside the pocket of millions around the world
- And it goes without saying – a competitive salary, pension, meaningful stock options and a really great office environment
are you a fit?
Know that this is a safe place to take risks
Think big and don’t allow boundaries to limit their imagination
Challenge, question and debate to get the best out of each other
Have an equal voice and a right to be heard
Know that asking for help is a strength, and giving help is a privilege
Progress on merit, and merit alone
Don’t dwell on what they can’t influence, and instead focus on what they can
Add value and get stuff done, each and every day
Are happy to be on a never-ending mission to continue making our product better together