we’re looking for a ui / ux designer
We are looking for an experienced and passionate interface designer with an interest in product and UX to help take us from beta to game-changing industry leader. Working alongside the VP Product and development team, you will spend your days designing and enhance our Huggg products.
at the top, where it should be
We choose to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, parental status, veteran status, disability status or on any other basis. It’s unforgivable to be any other way.
Huggg is on a mission to put real product into messaging.
What does this mean? Well, imagine a friend is having a bad day, but the coffee cup emoji in your message to her becomes coffee in her hands – a bridge from the mobile to the real world, if you like. Something real for when words are not enough. That’s a huggg.
what are we looking for?
about the role
- You will be responsible for guiding the visual design and interface for all Huggg products.
- You will deliver wireframes, visual mockups and specifications, both on paper and using software, that are easy to use and exciting.
- You will help ensure that end-product design meets the core business objectives.
- You will perform user research to measure the effectiveness of new and proposed features.
- You will be involved in the entire Product Lifecycle, end-to-end.
- You will occasionally help with brand, print and other types of visual design.
- have outstanding UI design skills (web applications and mobile applications)
- have good UX / product design skills and an interest in improving them
- have experience performing usability research and carrying out user interviews
- are self-motivated and keen to learn new skills
You hopefully also:
- have an interest in the full development cycle
- have an interest in learning about, and working within, technical limitations
- have an eye for details
what’s in it for you?
Influence, trust and impact inside a well-funded VC-backed early startup that’s scaling.
Work alongside other talented and friendly folk, who are keen to learn and improve skills, and with access to the wider VC’s family of portfolio companies and your peers inside that family.
High impact role where you’ll have the autonomy to develop our platform quickly and have your product inside the pocket of millions around the world.
And it goes without saying – a competitive salary, pension, meaningful stock options and a really great office environment.
what’s it like to work here?
Here’s what a few of our recent hires had to say:
“I’m really excited to keep building something awesome, excited to continue being part of such a brilliant team, and excited to spread the kindness. 🙌”
“This is an open, honest business as well as a great team behind a great idea. 💕”
“This is a pretty special workplace. I’m going to have to start lying about how awful you all are in order to get a little sympathy at home.”
are you a fit?
Know that this is a safe place to take risks
Think big and don’t allow boundaries to limit their imagination
Challenge, question and debate to get the best out of each other
Have an equal voice and a right to be heard
Know that asking for help is a strength, and giving help is a privilege
Progress on merit, and merit alone
Know that a team is stronger than an individual, but that sometimes a single contrarian view can be most correct
Don’t dwell on what they can’t influence, and instead focus on what they can
Add value and get stuff done, each and every day
Are happy to be on a never-ending mission to continue making our product better together