we’re looking for a community manager
We’re looking for a community manager who loves the idea of creating lasting and engaging relationships with our customer base. You’ll do this by whipping up engaging content and sparking interesting conversations that align with our company values, both on and offline. Your work will be instrumental in referring to the customer in our decision making, and driving stronger organic word of mouth referrals from a ready army of fans already who have a personal relationship with our company.
If you’re looking to hit the ground running in a creative and challenging role you can really sink your teeth into, this is the one for you!
at the top, where it should be
We choose to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, parental status, veteran status, disability status or on any other basis. It’s unforgivable to be any other way.
Huggg is on a mission to put real product into messaging.
What does this mean? Well, imagine a friend is having a bad day, but the coffee cup emoji in your message to her becomes coffee in her hands – a bridge from the mobile to the real world, if you like. Something real for when words are not enough. That’s a huggg.
what are we looking for?
about the role
Your prime responsibility will be managing huggg’s social media. We will also expect you to:
- Spark interesting conversations and dive into relevant existing ones. You will understand what makes our user groups tick and have a presence wherever they hang out.
- Work with our growth lead to grow and engage our online community.
- Feedback on huggg social media performance and user feedback.
- Deliver timely and memorable customer service to anyone who reaches out to HQ.
- Write optimised blog and website content in line with our ToV.
- Create printed materials.
- Support with creating beautiful, engaging emails with high click through and conversion rates.
- Support with creation and implementation of timely push notifications, SMS, ad hoc GMASS emails
- Come up with new and engaging ways to ‘wow’ press and other authorities.
- Connect with and build relationships with influencers.
- Support in the preparation of huggg hosted and external events.
You demonstrably have:
- a passion for social media – even for all its flaws!
- basic Photoshop skills
- very strong writing skills
- an ability to adapt your writing to suit our tone of voice
- an eagerness to learn
- a meticulous eye for detail
- people skills
- an ability to tackle obstacles with a sense of humour
- an understanding of the fundamentals of SEO (and maybe even ASO!)
- some experience with MailChimp
- some experience running Facebook ads
what’s in it for you?
Influence, trust and impact inside a well-funded VC-backed early startup that’s scaling.
Work alongside other talented and friendly folk, who are keen to learn and improve skills, and with access to the wider VC’s family of portfolio companies and your peers inside that family.
High impact role where you’ll have the autonomy to develop our platform quickly and have your product inside the pocket of millions around the world.
And it goes without saying – a competitive salary, pension, meaningful stock options and a really great office environment.
what’s it like to work here?
Here’s what a few of our recent hires had to say:
“I’m really excited to keep building something awesome, excited to continue being part of such a brilliant team, and excited to spread the kindness. 🙌”
“This is an open, honest business as well as a great team behind a great idea. 💕”
“This is a pretty special workplace. I’m going to have to start lying about how awful you all are in order to get a little sympathy at home.”
are you a fit?
Know that this is a safe place to take risks
Think big and don’t allow boundaries to limit their imagination
Challenge, question and debate to get the best out of each other
Have an equal voice and a right to be heard
Know that asking for help is a strength, and giving help is a privilege
Progress on merit, and merit alone
Know that a team is stronger than an individual, but that sometimes a single contrarian view can be most correct
Don’t dwell on what they can’t influence, and instead focus on what they can
Add value and get stuff done, each and every day
Are happy to be on a never-ending mission to continue making our product better together