we’re looking for a
business development representative
We’re looking for a Business Development Representative to help take our product and company from beta to game-changing industry leader. Working with the founders in a tight-knit team, you’ll be responsible for pre-sales, prospecting, pitching, qualifying and growing our merchant partner relationships. You’ll also be encouraged to have fun whilst you’re doing it.
at the top, where it should be
We choose to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, parental status, veteran status, disability status or on any other basis. It’s unforgivable to be any other way.
We are on a mission to put real product into messaging.
What does this mean? Well, imagine a friend is having a bad day, but the coffee cup emoji in your message to her becomes coffee in her hands – a bridge from the mobile to the real world if you like. A realmoji for when words are not enough.
That’s a huggg.
what are we looking for?
about the role
You’ll be responsible for growing our merchant partner network from a local beta to a national presence of over 2000 locations.
This principally involves generating and qualifying leads, approaching them using a number of different methods, including in person in a field sales model – winning them over and then managing the onboarding process for partners ranging from single-site independent coffee shops and bakeries, through to small chains.
This is a field sales opportunity, so you will be proactively approaching potential new partners, using creative avenues to close deals.
You demonstrably have:
- Relationship building skills – strong client-first focus and a genuine interest in building long-term business partnerships.
- Strong organisational, analytical, interpersonal and motivational skills to juggle people through to a common goal.
- Resilience and a can-do attitude.
- A self-starting ability to roll your sleeves up in a fast-paced startup team, where you’ll enjoy dipping into other areas as priorities shift and change.
You hopefully also have:
- Previous experience of successful sales and business development.
- Have experience of working in the QSR / restaurant industry.
- Are commercially savvy, in particular, understanding the vagaries of startup life.
- A keen interest in new technologies and innovation.
- Some experience working remotely whilst still being able to maintain being a key team player.
what’s in it for you?
- Influence, trust and impact inside a well-funded VC-backed early startup that’s scaling.
- Work alongside other talented and friendly folk, who are keen to learn and improve skills, and with access to the wider VC’s family of portfolio companies and your peers inside that family.
- High impact role where you’ll have the autonomy to develop our platform quickly and have your product inside the pocket of millions around the world.
- And it goes without saying – a competitive salary, pension, meaningful stock options and a really great office environment.
are you a fit?
Know that this is a safe place to take risks
Think big and don’t allow boundaries to limit their imagination
Challenge, question and debate to get the best out of each other
Have an equal voice and a right to be heard
Know that asking for help is a strength, and giving help is a privilege
Progress on merit, and merit alone
Know that a team is stronger than an individual, but that sometimes a single contrarian view can be most correct
Don’t dwell on what they can’t influence, and instead focus on what they can
Add value and get stuff done, each and every day
Are happy to be on a never-ending mission to continue making our product better together