Anything is popsicle … gelato hugggs are here!
Send a scoop of happiness ✨ to your friend, colleague or loved one. Let them know they’re sweet 🍭.
Why gelato? We’ll give you the inside scoop 🍧
Gelato has a way of bringing people together. In Italian culture, gelato has become much more than a frozen treat. Traditionally, it was believed to make you live longer (this is true, right?). Today, it has grown to become a global 🌎 culture.
At any given time of day, you’ll find Italians sitting in pretty piazzas (think La Dolce Vita movie), socialising with one another, and enjoying each other’s company over a scoop or two. After all, food that’s enjoyed with friends and family is what makes life sweet.
Closer to home the chimes of an ice cream van can leave us feeling nostalgic, ready to run 🏃♀️ outside and pick a favourite flavour. That memory has now evolved to something more luxurious – a scoop or two of delicious gelato, where the feeling of contentment is just the same.
Let’s clear this up: what’s the difference between gelato and ice cream? 🤔
- Gelato is dense and intense, ice cream is fat and fluffy.
- Gelato starts out with a similar custard base as ice cream, but has a higher proportion of milk 🥛 and a lower proportion of cream and eggs (or none at all).
- It is churned at a slower rate leaving the gelato denser than ice cream.
- It’s served 15 degrees warmer🌡 than ice cream, so its texture stays silky and soft.
- The lower percentage of fat means the flavours are more intense.
- Gelato is made in small batches – typically fresher and of a ⭐️ higher quality.
Basically, gelato is a big deal so we turned it into a huggg for you to share.
Thinking about sending a scoop of joy to your friend, colleague or loved one and have a question? 🙋♀️
What can they redeem with a gelato huggg? 🤗
A cup or a cone. Pick from any flavour, and warning⚠️, you may be spoiled for choice. If you need some help deciding, our what’s your flavour post will give a 🤲 helping hand.
Are there vegan gelato options available? 🌱
Swoon Gelato, Badiani (heads up – Vegan Dark Chocolate Sorbet is the best seller), Snowflake, and Unico …. all offer vegan options for the gelato huggg. We’ve got you 😉
Where exactly can they collect their gelato huggg? 📍
They can pick from locations across Bristol, Bath, Oxford and London. Gelato offers choice and flexibility just like the coffee huggg. Pick from a carefully selected network of Gelaterias including:
- Unico, Notting Hill
- Badiani, Notting Hill
- Badiani, Elephant & Castle
- Snowflake Gelato, Soho
- Snowflake Gelato, Bayswater
- Snowflake Gelato, Marble Arch
- Snowflake Gelato, South Kensington
- Snowflake Gelato, Selfridges
- Snowflake Gelato, Westfield White City
- Jefferson’s Ice Cream, London
I want to send a gelato huggg, where can I find it in the app? 📱
Head to categories and tap sweet treats, select your frozen ❄️ treat of choice and start to personalise your huggg.
Don’t forget to share the love 💕
We’d love to hear about the amazing humans that you’re sending the newest huggg to. Share your hugggs on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter using #huggged so we can share your huggg stories.